ENL & World Languages
NOTE: To translate this page, use the "Select Language" tab above to choose your preferred language.
NOTA: Para traducir esta pagina, use la pestana "Seleccionar Idioma" de arriba para elegir su idioma preferido.
The Islip Union Free School District offers the ENL Program in grades K-12. The World Languages Program offers courses in Spanish and Italian starting at the Middle School and continuing through the High School.
The ENL Program offers English Language Learners the opportunity to learn English while continuing to learn academic content. This is accomplished through the program’s established goals.
- Provide English instruction in listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Provide access to the district’s curriculum for language arts and content area instruction
- Support the social and cultural development of students
World Language Program
The World Language program offers a variety of courses in Spanish and Italian for students interesting in learning a second language or maintaining their home language.
- Develop students’ oral fluency in communication
- Develop high levels of proficiency in the second language
- Students will demonstrate positive cross-cultural attitudes and behaviors
- Develop an appreciation for and an understanding of diverse cultures