The district is pleased to announce that six student-athletes signed National Letters of Intent on Nov. 10 to continue playing their sport at Division I and II colleges or universities next fall. Signing a National Letter of Intent is one of the most important highlights of a student-athlete’s career.
Islip High School Principal Jon LaRochester said the students should be proud and spoke about being an athlete.
“I wouldn’t be where I am today if not for my athletic experiences,” he said. “Through athletics you make bonds only an athlete understands. Be proud and be prepared to work.”
In addition to saying that the district provided excellent experiences for the athletes to rely on, Director of Health, Physical Education and Athletics John Sparacio also noted the role parents played in the success of their son or daughter.
“This is a very exciting time in your lives, but the sacrifices your parents made also needs to be recognized,” he said.
The district congratulates the following student-athletes:
· Thomas Andria – lacrosse – Quinnipiac University
· Deirdre Kelly – lacrosse – Winthrop University
· Madison Micheletti – soccer – Old Dominion University
· Nathaniel Moran – lacrosse – Manhattan College
· Justin Palulis – lacrosse – Molloy College
· Richard Rindos - lacrosse – Boston University